ITC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
Our ITC courses are practical and active. We strongly believe candidates learn best through their practical involvement, i.e. it’s a hand’s on course. This qualification has been accredited by Ofqual & ITC First.
The qualification consists of two units (leading to one qualification)
• Unit 1: EFAW – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (A/504/4517)
• Unit 2: RMIIW – Recognition & Management of Illness & Injury in the Workplace (F/504/4518)
This is an 18 hour course and is normally delivered over 3 consecutive days. This qualification lasts for 3 years, candidates are recommended to attend refresher training each year before re-validation. For those candidates who have already successfully completed their FAW and who are still in date a 12 hours re-validation course can be attended.
• Current safe best practice
• Record keeping – recording accidents, RIDDOR, First Aid kits, disposing safely of clinical waste
• Vital Signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
• Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents
• Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Breathing Problems – choking
• Circulation Problems – controlling external bleeding and treatment for shock
• Minor Injuries – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
• Major Injuries – injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries, chest injuries
• Major burns and scalds
• Eye injuries – including how to irrigate an eye
• Sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
• Soft tissue injuries
We have courses running regularly across the West Midlands. We are also able to deliver courses for Clubs, Businesses, Schools or other organizations on their own premises.
For more information please contact Nick at email@example.com
You can also see what we are up to on our Face Book site: Stepping Outdoors.